If you’re like me, you have lots of moments through out your day where you’ll say, “I really need to do that this year.”…
Now this can apply to anything: getting in shape, saving money, connecting to your faith, being charitable, etc.
I know personally, whenever I come across something that I know will be good for my life that I want to do, unless it’s easy, chances are it’ll never happen.
That’s just the reality of it. Easy increases the rate of your success.
Now there are lots of journeys in life that only are achieved the hard way. That’s why they’re called journeys and not short-cuts.
But the proof remains in the pudding; the easier the path to get started in an endeavor, the higher the chances of reaching your goal, albeit: getting in shape, getting a new degree, saving money, quitting smoking and tithing.
This Thanksgiving, I’ve made it my goal to organize a mass effort in adopting an feeding 50 families in Orange County on Thanksgiving morning.
I choose this endeavor I’m calling the Basket Brigade because of how powerful the giving experience is going to be for everyone who gets involved.
- The giver (you) will be able to have the special moment of actually meeting and delivering a beautiful basket of food to a struggling family; giving them the opportunity to have a real Thanksgiving, without worry. You will be delivering hope and love that will start a butterfly effect to the members of the families you will be touching.
- The recipient families, will receive the gift of hope. When a family struggles, hope is easily lost when there seems to be no end in sight and no one seems to care. By getting a beautifully built food basket, these families will know for certain that strangers do care and that there is hope.
I’ve actually wanted to do this for several years and I’ve always stopped short because it seemed like a lot of work…
And I’m sure when it comes to giving, you may feel the same way.
That is why I have made it INCREDIBLY easy for everyone who wants to participate in making this Thanksgiving a truly magical day.
If in your heart and soul, you want to give HOPE and LOVE to a family that is severely struggling and lacking the many things we take for granted, than please step forward.
Myself and my team of volunteers have made adopting and feeding families as easy as it will ever be.
5 Easy Steps To Feeding A Family This Thanksgiving
- Decide and commit to the job of adopting a struggling family in need this Thanksgiving. (email me to sign-up Steve@pt-revolution.com)
- Download the welcome letter and basket list here.
- Build your basket
- Deliver your basket to your assigned family on Thanksgiving morning
- Enjoy the true meaning of Thanksgiving with a full heart
Seem easy enough? It is.
Of course the hardest part of making an impact is taking the very first step.
Please take this first step with me in helping to magic Thanksgiving magical for struggling families.
Below, I have included other ways to help out if you are not able to adopt a family.
Thank you so much and please contact me with any questions.
-Steve de la Torre
Adopt-A-Family Frequently Asked Questions
I want to adopt-a-family, how do I sign-up?
Great! To sign-up, please send an email to email@example.com and include your name, phone number and any other questions you may have. I’ll add you to the list and contact you promptly.
Ok, I’ve signed-up, how and when do I start putting my food basket together?
There are 2 ways to build your food basket:
1) you generously buy all the items on the Basket Food List yourself or the way I recommend is
2) Get your friends and family involved.
The most common way to involve others is to ask another family to co-sponsor your basket or to ask for donations from everyone you know; friends, family, co-workers, etc. Remember, the easier you make it for people to donate, the more likely they will want to participate. And you’ll want to start right away so that Thanksgiving doesn’t sneak up on you!
Download food list here.
How will I know which family to deliver to?
The week of Thanksgiving, you will be assigned an Orange County family to deliver to. The families will know to expect a special delivery. When you deliver, we ask that you limit your deliver crew to 4-5 people as to not overwhelm the recipient family. Also, please remember to be sensitive to their environment and avoid from taking pictures or making the recipient families feel uncomfortable.
What items are not allowed to be put into baskets?
Baskets are open to any and all items EXCEPT the following: perishable items (except for the turkey) like milk and eggs, tobacco products , alcohol, religious or politically affiliated items, anything else commonly deemed inappropriate.
I’m going to be out of town on Thanksgiving day but I want to help, how else can I contribute?
There are several ways to help out, even if you’re not available to adopt-a-family. Please click this box to expand the other giving options.